Title: Digital Media Director
Location: San Francisco, CA / Sunnyvale, CA
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
About the Role:
This is a key role that drives large scale paid demand generation marketing activities in support of Riverbed’s global campaigns including content syndication, display advertising, remarketing and other advertising channels.
- Content Syndication – collaborate with Solutions, Product and Global Marketing teams to develop strategy, plan, execute and optimize highly targeted, global syndication campaigns. Manage agency and budget, cost-per-lead optimization, and content flow.
- Display Advertising & Remarketing – build effective awareness and top to bottom of funnel demand campaigns leveraging programmatic display, remarketing and other advertising channels and tactics. Lead and manage relationship with agency teams, and manage contracts and direct digital buys. Leverage advanced and emerging advertising products to expand reach and effectiveness.
- Measurement & Optimization – work with global marketing team to set benchmarks for platform and asset performance based on funnel performance. Work with Marketing Operations to gather and consolidate data; analyze and report key performance data across properties, segments and geographies. Ensure campaigns are meeting lead, engagement and conversion targets. Develop and execute testing strategies and optimization plans to improve cost-per-lead and conversion. Lead infrastructure and ad tech projects to drive digital marketing innovation and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in digital campaign development, media tagging, digital advertising and solving media tracking discrepancies. He or she will have proven experience leading revenue growth campaigns end-to-end, with solid knowledge of audience, brand, thought leadership, targeting and segmentation, messaging and positioning, creative, content, and the marketing mix across the buyer’s journey. The Digital Media Director will stay ahead of the digital curve on changing landscapes and technologies to influence demand generation strategy and will work closely with our sales executives, sales operations, corporate marketing, and product teams in the development and quality of the company’s customer acquisition and retention strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create digital campaign strategy, activation strategy and define KPI’s with a clear focus on lead quality and outcomes that lead to marketing sourced pipeline
- Experience identifying target audiences, tactics to target specific personas and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate prospects to take action
- Define success metrics and performance indicators that will inform current and future campaign development
- Represent the Riverbed brand presence to ensure high quality experience at every touch point.
- Work with agency to prepare media plans that include target and geography analysis, budget allocation, scheduling, and program/site selection and reporting.
- Manage media process and budgets to ensure media expenditures align with client scope.
- Develop and maintain analytic reports and dashboards to provide regular insight and optimization recommendations.
- Monitor campaigns and manage day-to-day interactions with media agency.
- Update, organize, manage filing of media and campaign related documents.
- Actively monitor media plan budget pacing and reconciliation.
- Gather production specs, due dates, and manage media launch process across all channels.
- When/where applicable: negotiate make goods, coordinate added value
- -Stay current on online advertising trends and make recommendations for updated strategies
-Research, evaluate, select and on-board new advertising partners and vendors
-Collaborate with internal departments ensuring all online advertising takes a full funnel and cross channel approach
- The successful candidate will lead the next stage in the development of a world-class demand generation program, and must be enthusiastic about demand generation including planning, message development, execution and ROI tracking.
- Excellent command of written English, including principles of grammar and copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar discipline
- Minimum 7+ years of direct experience leading and managing digital marketing campaigns including media planning
- Working knowledge of Marketing automation and CRM Platforms, including Salesforce. Experience with Integrate a plus.
- Solid understanding of Marketing metrics and data driven campaign optimization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and project management skills
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.