Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Title: Regional Sales Director, Southeast Region
Location: US - Southeast Region - NC, SC, TN, GA, or FL (remote/home office)
• Manage a group of 4-8 Sales Executives focused on selling the complete Riverbed solution into a specific region in the Americas. This position reports directly to an Area Vice President.
• Ability to translate complex technology solutions in to business value propositions
• Within a highly matrixed organization, the RSD must be able to leverage resources to satisfy customer requirements. The RSD must further own and manage all aspects of the go-to-market model for any new product releases in their territory or business segment, including the sales model, marketing plan, support and professional services offerings. In addition to financial and sales the RSD will also have specific quantifiable business development objectives such as channel recruitment and enablement, new logos and customer references.
• Direct the development and alignment of key account and territory plans. Key deliverable: Account EX and Territory EX sales plans that are inclusive of means and ways to sell the entire Riverbed portfolio, consistent with Corporate and regional business development targets and financial goals.
• Execute on developed strategies and ensure that cost and revenue targets are achieved. Key deliverable: Within your assigned region, directly manage and enable your team of Major Accounts Sales Executives and Inside salespersons in the effective execution of account plans and associated deliverables which clearly result in the achievement of business development targets and financial goals.
• As necessary, lead contract negotiations for critical accounts. Key deliverable: Financially sound and resource supported contracts that are clearly aligned with Riverbed’s financial objectives and guidelines while delivering value-added products, support, and professional services to meet customer requirements.
• Provide management direction and support. Key deliverable: Hire, lead, develop, retain, and motivate capable, competent, and talented salespersons
• Good understanding of major technology trends and customer initiatives (Virtualization, Cloud, DR, VDI etc.)
• Ability to effectively communicate vision, plans, goals and objectives to team members.
• Experience in managing global accounts
• Strong motivator, leads from the front
• Very detailed oriented and well connected with peers around the world
• Ability to set strategy, create plans, and manage a geographically dispersed team to meet or exceed results
• Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
• Player coach – personally call on and develop account relationships with senior executives
• Instinctive understanding of customer service and satisfaction, with ability to manage both
• A balanced scorecard approach to each account to develop multiple recurring revenue streams across all major product lines.
• Professional Services and Support attach rates in line with company goals within the Commercial segment
• Build a short and long term pipeline that
o a) ensures attainment of quarterly revenue goals, and
o b) drives improved linearity within the quarter and
o c) drives improved forecast accuracy.
• Develop strong trusted advisor relationships within the leadership of key SI, SP and VAR partners.
• Perform a minimum number of outbound calls daily.
• Field inbound calls and leads from various sources and qualify for business potential.
• Conduct a minimum number of online meetings via Adobe Connect per day.
• Maintain a minimum of 10 customer evaluations at all times.
• 5 - 8 years of regional sales management experience with customers of varied account sizes.
• Ability to successfully complete solo sales meetings and presentations, with little or no supervision at the highest level of an organization
• Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
• Willingness to travel, work odd hours, and be very available
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills
• BS/BA or higher level degree in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) strongly preferred
• Relevant vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Netapp, VMWare) preferred
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.