Title: Senior Partner Marketing Manager, Global Systems Integrators (GSI’s)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
The Senior Partner Marketing Manager position requires a person with a strong background in marketing with hands-on experience and understanding of complex, global vendor and channel Partnerships with System Integrators, Service Providers and/or Solution Providers.
Reporting into the VP of global Channel marketing, this role is responsible for facilitating the marketing readiness with key GSI’s (e.g. IBM, HP, Dell etc.), through the creation, development and execution of marketing strategies, plans and programs for these key global Partners, leading to measurable pipeline and sales revenue. In addition, the Senior Partner Marketing Manager is; self-motivated, organized, proactive, collaborative and able to thrive in an environment that presents the opportunity for the person to develop processes and frameworks for scale and effective resource deployment.
Internal collaboration is required to foster strong Partner relationships will be with, but not limited to, Global Partner Managers/Directors and their Channel Sales counterparts, Corporate Marketing, Solutions Marketing and Field Marketing groups across the globe. Join us on this journey, and help us create the world of the future. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
- Creating and executing worldwide partner marketing strategies, plans and programs for GSI’s, in collaboration with Global Partner Managers/Directors with the goal of maximizing Riverbed revenue through these partners and to achieve revenue targets. Understanding processes and methodologies (funnel, BANT qualification etc.,) is one of the key requirements of the role.
- Understanding of the operational aspects of marketing, including strategic marketing plan development, management of marketing budget(s), creation of sales tools, promotions, telemarketing, and collateral development.
- Implementing methods to track and evaluate the impact of partner marketing funding on our business and reporting the results. This includes driving lead management, ROI analysis and reporting of both partner and Riverbed driven marketing activity.
- Working with Global Partner Managers/Directors to identify new business and revenue opportunities; aligning GSI marketing programs and tactics with the sales plan.
- Incorporating Riverbed solutions within the partners go-to-market model; integrating Riverbed’s products and services within the partners solutions
- Collaborating with the partners and their marketing teams to develop and execute plans that could be co-funded/funded through Riverbed’s MDF (market development funds) program.
- Facilitating partner development and marketing enablement initiatives that accelerate the partners’ ability to effectively position and sell Riverbed solutions (integrated campaign development and deployment, lunch and learns, webcasts, partner communications, road shows, partner sales success stories, battle cards, etc.). Achieving marketing readiness is a key deliverable of this role.
- Working with sales and marketing teams across the globe and product marketing to identify, retain and maintain local reference opportunities, and roll up key accounts to Public Relations and Product Marketing as appropriate.
- Coordinating regional and international activities with GEO Marketing teams to scale field/channel marketing efforts through joint engagements with global partners.
- Building strong long-lasting relationships between Riverbed and its Global Platform Partners, both at a corporate level and locally within each of the Geos.
- Superior organization skills: must be able to direct multiple initiatives simultaneously and be responsive to internal and external constraints and inter-dependencies.
Education and Work Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to create professional content and presentations for a variety of internal and external initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing or Partner Management with a minimum of 5 years in a partner or channel marketing role. It is required that the candidate has experience and thorough understanding and cultural sensitivity to overseas markets and Partners.
- Experience in high tech, alliance, channel, and/or storage, software or networking industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or marketing
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM systems - experience with Eloqua and Salesforce.com preferred
- Must be results driven, capable of working independently, and the ability to travel 40% of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.