Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Reporting to the VP of Worldwide Communications, the Director, Event Marketing is responsible for leading the strategy, experience, execution, and results/ROI outcomes for Riverbed strategic and corporate events. The candidate should have more than 10 years of experience managing a team and producing the full spectrum of corporate events, from tradeshows and user conferences/company owned events to product launches and C-Level events. This individual will lead Riverbed’s corporate events direction and vision, aligning to the company’s goals and developing, designing, delivering on a multi-event strategic plan. The Director of Events Marketing will collaborate with stakeholders globally, and in addition to managing a direct report and contractor resources, will oversee a cross-functional teams on the execution of corporate events. The individual should also have at least five years of events experience in the technology industry, and have strong organizational and management skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative thinker that drives new ideas and innovation into the events program, inspiring the broader team and delivering exceptional event experiences for customers, partners, employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the Corporate Events Team, which currently consists of an event manager and part time coordinator (to be hired), along with cross-functional resources for event execution. Collaborate and communicate regularly with key stakeholders and executives at corporate and in global markets.
- Create strategic events plan based on annual and quarterly budgets, and inject creative thinking and new ideas into event planning process. Responsible for recommending corporate event schedule, including new events to consider (both in US and globally).
- Oversee execution and project management – including managing budgets and results – for corporate events including: Riverbed Disrupt, Riverbed Global Analyst Summit, Customer Advisory Board and Technical Advisory Council; and participation in Microsoft Ignite, AWS Re:Invent, National Retail Federation annual conference, Gartner analyst events, JavaOne, and many others.
- Provide event guidance and recommendations globally, including for field marketing events, service provider events (e.g., Mobile World Congress), and sales events (e.g., Sales Kick Off and Partner Summit). Additionally, provide event support/management for some of these events.
- Produce and manage keynote speakers and sessions for all corporate conferences.
- Leverage latest technology, new event capabilities and creativity to drive event attendance, create bespoke attendee/customer experiences and deliver results/ROI for events.
- Execute on plan to leverage event content/assets following major live events – including on-demand availability and/or Events-in-a-box.
- Source, evaluate, hire, and manage external vendors; partner with procurement to negotiate with vendors to bring down costs.
- Analyze events for effectiveness and provide reporting on results, working closely with the campaign and operations teams.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of Events team.
- Bachelor degree, emphasis in marketing preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of event marketing and management experience, including overseeing event sponsorships, company-owned/user conferences, customer advocacy events, etc. The ideal candidate should have at five or more years of experience in the technology industry.
- Exceptional collaborator and communicator, both at executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams. Ability to successfully communicate through presentations and written communications, and to inspire cross-functional teams to execute on events that drive tangible results.
- A successful track record of simultaneously leading multiple projects and events, from vision/strategy development to hands-on execution.
- Creative, out of the box thinker that brings innovative new ideas and thinking into corporate events and strategic planning.
- Customer-centric focus with keen eye toward creating an exceptional customer experience throughout event journey.
- Strategic marketing experience that goes beyond event operations/production, and includes strong understanding or marketing communications, campaigns, event messaging, product and corporate content, and customer experience.
- Seasoned people manager with at least 5+ years of management experience.
- Strong project management, financial management (of events) and organizational skills.
- High-energy leader with ability to thrive in fast-paced technology industry, where agility, flexibility, and leading with calmness under pressure are critical.
- The ability to travel as needed and for multiple days; about 20% travel required.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.