Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review and summarize customer agreements with non-standard terms impacting revenue recognition.
- Review and prepare formal write-ups for material sales transactions to ensure compliance with revenue recognition standards and the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Maintain Revenue Accounting ‘Watchlist’ to navigate topical items
- Responsible for the worldwide Professional Services revenue close
- Perform a detailed review of Professional Services revenues while ensuring compliance to all company business practices, corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain documentation for all Consulting and/or Training work completed
- Prepare revenue, deferred revenue, and unbilled revenue schedules
- Reconcile professional services revenue, deferred revenues and backlog
- Analyze and prepare quarterly data to substantiate BESP compliance
- Analyze and prepare quarterly data for VSOE compliance assessment
- Interact with external audit team for quarterly audits
- Work closely with business partners to streamline processes and improve efficiency
- Prepare revenue reporting and analysis as needed
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Ability to work at a detailed level and also to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (preferably with 3+ yrs. working as a professional services accounting in the technology sector)
- Understand software revenue recognition (ASC 985-605) and related non-software revenue recognition guidelines (ASC 605-25) and related revenue treatment.
- Knowledge of upcoming new revenue standard (ASC 606) and how changes will alter recognition.
- Extensive understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using an ERP system (Oracle experience a must)
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work products
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease
- Quick learner and ability to drive successful results with limited supervision
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.