Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
- Write hardware and software documentation for networking, including installation and configuration guides, command-line reference manuals, user guides, and online help.
- Research and obtain highly technical information and incorporate into documents.
- Work with engineers, QA, and support to produce end-user documentation.
- Manage projects by: preparing project plans and schedules; meeting assigned deliverables; closely tracking projects to identify and remove roadblocks and escalate issues as needed.
- Establish, maintain, and report status of project to all participants.
- Independently follow technical publications department style and usage guidelines.
- Develop online help system using single sourcing.
The most successful candidates will possess:
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience with HTML and online help systems using single sourcing.
- Experience in documenting networking, cloud, and virtualization products.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of UNIX or LINUX based systems.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion and GIT.
- Experience with product development software for Agile environments such as Jira.
- Ability to project manage a document set that includes installation guides, user guides, and an online help system.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical information.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse staff.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks before they affect project deadlines or deliverable quality.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Familiarity with FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher.
- Experience with online help projects using single sourcing.
- Experience with HTML.
- Knowledge of LINUX-based systems.
- Substantial experience with writing for technical audiences.
- Experience with documenting command-line interfaces or APIs.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a technical writer.
- You will be asked to provide writing samples.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.