WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ARE YOU A MARKETING DIRECTOR THAT WANTS TO MAKE AN IMPACT?
Are you a seasoned marketing leader with demonstrated experience and results in public sector marketing? Do you love figuring out how to reach a customer with the right message, content and engagement using a unique marketing mix? Does hitting a pipeline number give you thrills? Do you thrive in an environment where you are strategic, problem-solving, and executing? If so, consider Riverbed Technology for your next career opportunity.
We are actively looking for a Director, Americas Public Sector Marketing, responsible for leading strategy and execution to achieve results in a cross-functional role, including:
- Develop, manage and execute a holistic a Riverbed GOV marketing plan to deliver significant marketing contribution pipeline that demonstrates goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, results, and investment levels.
- Take Riverbed’s brand and messaging platform to the next level by building an executive media platform, and guiding the media agency to ensure alignment.
- Build and execute a content strategy that aligns messaging across DOD, Intel and Civilian to maximize the customer value proposition
- Generate demand and pipeline with innovative programs that scale locally and could be leveraged globally including segment relevant campaigns, lead generation initiatives, and digital marketing programs. Identify marketing mix to drive awareness, consideration, close. Align strategic partners to drive joint account engagement.
- Create and manage account-base marketing plans and initiatives alongside the sales team that allow Riverbed to target, personalize and influence relationships and purchasing decisions. Should include business intelligence, solution mapping, multi-touch engagement, awareness, lead generation and sales enablement.
- Lead thought-leadership initiatives using a mix of media, digital, industry events, and third-party platforms to expand the Riverbed brand in FED. Identify partner and customer stories or use cases that we can use to promote Riverbed solutions
- Create world-class experiences for our customers and partners every time through third-party industry customer engagements and Riverbed led-events that align to the overall strategy achieving high satisfaction and placement.
- Develop the channel go-to-market game plan for Riverbed GOV, utilizing Riverbed programs and platforms that inform and enable partners to drive growth. Onboard new Lead to Partner Pass initiative and work with Americas Director of Channel to develop a way to track/measure pipeline.
- Utilize industry-leading demand generation best practices to execute, track, evaluate and report the impact of marketing.
- Lead strategic marketing and performance reviews quarterly with leadership and key stakeholders to assess, recommend and refine the GOV plan and pipeline progression.
- Develop, retain and grow effective business relationships across sales, inside sales, channel and field marketing through a mix of communications and meetings.
- Represent Riverbed at industry, customer and partner engagements as a spokesperson and influencer.
- Performance – bring new insights and experience to tracking, reporting, and management of pipeline, lead flow and key execution KPIs to drive predictable and efficient outcomes
This role reports directly to the VP of Americas Marketing, and collaborates daily with the VP and Regional Directors in Federal Sales. This role works in close coordination with global channel, inside sales, corporate marketing and the field marketing team.
The ideal candidate should have the following demonstrated experience:
- Industry Expertise and Experience: 8-10 years’ experience working in software, hardware, networking or cloud computing. 5+ years Federal Marketing experience preferred.
- Customer Insight and Leadership: Possesses the ability to use business intelligence, insights, and corporate priorities to effectively prioritize and lead marketing strategy that is relevant to customers.
- Demand Generation Leadership: deep understanding and demonstrated application in targeting, campaigns, messaging, content, and mix of execution to land and deliver pipeline with proven learning’s. Experience with targeting and trigger programs that help extend relationships at C-level, VP or enterprise networking audiences in existing or new logos
- Data Driven & Measurement – ability to manage projects on time, on budget with controlled set of resources, and leverage operations tools to track campaign & events. Knows how to analyze and refine programs based on performance and results
- Marketing Operations: Must have strong working knowledge of automation tools such as ELOQUA and SFDC, and how pipeline & marketing contribution are built across the buyer’s journey, by funnel stage, and lead management and can effectively work with operations to ensure alignment.
- Strong Planning, Project Management and Reporting: organized planning and process management, tracking, and ability to drive accountability. Overall direction and control of planning, budgeting, managing priorities. Ability to recommend and implement changes to methods.
- Marketing Communications: strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Relationship Management: ability to lead, influence, and manage executive relationships, peer relationships, and industry relationships to effectively influence and execute. Strong team player that can collaborate and build momentum. Strategic business partner to sales, with ability to communicate, influence and align.
- Cross Collaboration and Dealing with Ambiguity: knows how to navigate a highly-matrixed and growth-oriented business environment with effective organization and communication skills that facilitate change management.
- 8-10+ years’ experience creating and managing go-to-market, campaign or demand generation in a medium to large size technology company, in Federal Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing preferred; MBA a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix management environment, building and leading strong direct and virtual teams.
- Results-driven, Self-motivated, organized, proactive, collaborative
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM systems - experience with Eloqua and Salesforce.com preferred
- Experience working with DoD, Civilian, Intelligence Community and/or SLED is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.