Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform™ takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Immigration Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees immigration programs and assists foreign nationals with immigration procedures.
- Ensures all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the completion of the following applications/petitions, H-1B, TN, L-1, Work Permits; Permanent Residency (including PERM, I-140, Adjustment of Status, EAD and Advance Parole)
- Responds to email and phone inquiries from managers and HR personnel and makes necessary recommendations.
- Answers miscellaneous inquiries from employees regarding their case status and immigration process.
- Meets with managers and HR personnel regarding specific immigration cases.
- Answer questions from HR personnel regarding I 9 compliance.
- Monitors the expiration of visas and notifies managers and associates before visas expire and inquires whether visas should be extended.
- Monitor efficient working of U.S. immigration programs and assist to provide appropriate response to all immigration questions and resolve all issues according to required legal requirements.
- Maintain and update log for all VISA and maintain knowledge on all status and assist to hire and terminate all employees and supervise all internal processes and manage all visa petitions.
- Maintain knowledge on all federal and state employment laws and provide changes to same as per requirements and coordinate with various teams to maintain all immigration applications and collaborate with human resource and legal teams to resolve all immigration issues.
- Collaborate with staffing and onboarding teams to recommend appropriate requirements for all visa work within required timeframe and administer delivery of all legal services to all individuals and firms.
- Maintain knowledge of all immigration requirements and coordinate with external firms to design all processes and maintain track of all work visa status and prepare reports for human resources.
- Assist all managers and employees with all work visa and permanent residency case information as per requirements and prepare documents for same and design and prepare report metrics for al immigration processes and programs.
- Consults with managers and outside counsel when issues surround the immigration due process.
HR Operations Duties:
- Maintain the HR Help Desk email, web and phones in support of employees
- HR Systems Data Entry
- Run HR Reports and produce HR Analytics
- Administer the candidate and employee experience by running programs like New Hire Onboarding, New Hire Orientations, River Buddy, and New Hire CEO lunches
- Administer Verification of Employment
- Monitor and help maintain HR Compliance
- Administer the HR Business Process Repository and Practice
- Maintain the online HR File Storage mediums (Intranet, One Drive, SharePoint)
- Coordination with other HR Operations teams globally
- Coordination between HR and Payroll
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Technology Savvy.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in immigration.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the immigration and global mobility field.
- 2-4 years of relevant HR work experience. Knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with data entry into Oracle HRIS or other HR database required
- Excellent MS Office Suite work experience, emphasis on Word and Excel
- Professional and customer focused approach including absolute discretion, diplomacy and sensitivity in handling confidential matters and information
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to demonstrate and combine a methodical and organized approach to work situations with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, organization, follow up, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced environment
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.