Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, enables organizations to maximize digital performance across every aspect of their business, allowing customers to rethink possible. Riverbed’s unified and integrated Digital Performance Platform, brings together a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking and Cloud Edge solutions that provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. At more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at www.riverbed.com
With over 2,000 employees globally, Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with some of the smartest, most passionate, and nicest people in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. Each of us is committed to delivering the strategies, architectures and technologies that our partners and customers need to control, optimize and have visibility into their networks and applications.
Product Manager for RiOS. The Riverbed® Optimization System (RiOS®) is the software that powers Riverbed’s unique, award-winning line of Steelhead® application acceleration appliances and Steelhead Mobile client software. RiOS is based on patented technologies that solve a range of problems affecting wide area networks (WANs) and application performance.
You translate marketplace and individual BU needs into cohesive short-term and long-term plans and own the tactical/strategic implementation of the plans. As part of your role, you serve as the internal and external product expert. Provide detailed information to document and drive engineering as well as support sales and customers.
Primarily focused on Riverbed’s SteelHead product portfolio, this role also involves virtualization components as it relates to NFV/SDN for the new SD-WAN product portfolio marketed as SteelConnect.
- Responsible for virtual solutions of Riverbed SteelHead and SteelConnect - ongoing initiatives and software lifecycle management.
- Market and customer needs focused. Manage current solutions while also analyzing usage needs and business opportunity for new applications/protocols.
- Provide detailed PRDs along with business justifications for all requirements and project priorities. PRD must also include product transition plans if applicable.
- Owns comprehensive competitive analysis of both features and pricing (both perpetual/CAPEX and monthly subscription/OPEX).
- Must have prior knowledge/experience in defining product licensing framework for accurate product entitlement and billing.
- Assist in the creation of collateral material (datasheets, specifications sheets, product presentation, training videos, etc.).
- Track product performance – sales vs. forecast mapping, contribution to company revenue and market position, and recommends product or marketing modifications to maximize value and increase penetration/revenue.
- Must be conversant with large scale software development in an Agile environment using Confluence/Jira tools
- Through understanding enterprise virtualization solutions, private and public cloud infrastructures, use cases, ecosystem and current industry initiatives/trends.
- Expertise in hypervisor technologies – VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Linux KVM, etc.
- Well versed in hardware and software interactions in virtualization environments – uCPEs, DPDK/ODP, SRIOV, etc.
- Experience with product management of SaaS solutions with deployments in public cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Must be conversant with NFV MANO (Management & Orchestration) layer and tools – REST/Json, NETCONF/YANF, WSS, etc.
- Technical BS degree. MBA a plus.
- 6-8 years experience in product management
- Minimum of 2 years involving solutions/products that had a networking and/or virtualization component.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise networking software as used in applications such as networking (Switches/Routers), Security, WoC, ADC, UTM, etc.
- Software or Hardware engineering and Technical Marketing background will also be considered as experience.
- Strong working knowledge of LINUX building blocks – distros, kernels, kernel modules vs. user space apps, tools and 3rd party plug-ins, management frame work, etc.
- Well versed in defining comprehensive software features/requirements – exact definitions, full description of customer use cases, wireframe definitions of UI for configuration flow, performance expectations in terms of scale/throughput, and licensing infrastructure with monetization in mind
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products with high technology content and innovation.
- Ability to manage constraints and obstacles is a key requirement of the role.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. Must be comfortable working across the aisles and building consensus.
- Must be able to delve into deep details and deliver content with high levels of accuracy.
Role will be exposed to following Markets/Products for Career Advancement:
- WAN Optimization
- Software Defined WAN & LAN
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Application Performance Management (APM)
- Network Performance Management (NPM)
- Cloud Solutions ( xAAS)
- Networking: Cisco, Juniper or Arista
- Application Delivery Controllers (ADC): F5, Citrix/Netscaler or A10
- Cloud Infrastructure Companies: VMWare, Amazon/AWS or Microsoft/Azure
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.