Riverbed Technology is seeking a Senior Vice President Sales, Europe/Middle East/Africa executive who will be responsible for sales leadership and management of continued growth, through aggressively growing top-line revenues through generation of scalable, repeatable, structured client and partner relationships and embracing the operational challenges of leading a sales organization through its next stage of growth.
The Senior Vice President, Sales EMEA will be an integral member of the worldwide senior sales management team and a key individual within the EMEA Riverbed team. They will report to the Chief Sales Officer who is based in the San Francisco U.S. headquarters. The position will be located in a European country.
- Drive an exceptional sales strategy and develop strategic account planning initiatives to penetrate the market and achieve sales goals
- Develop short and long term market forecasts through market analysis and interpretation of data
- Prepare and execute tactical sales plans for current and new opportunities with all products. Drive execution of the sales processes and work with other sales leaders to develop partner programs that can be leveraged across the channel
- Continually develop and mentor sales staff and direct reports to achieve success and meet the overall goals of the EMEA Region
- Continually assess and upgrade the talent and capabilities of the field organization to better enhance long term growth success
- Maintain strong reporting and accountability against numbers, driving to exceed quotas, while developing and managing motivating incentive tools. Implement and leverage current tools for sales and operational training to enhance the team’s efficiency and success
- Interact closely and work collaboratively with internal peers to bring key market insight to the table
- Sales forecasting accountability for the EMEA Region. Manage the budget within plan, and adjust in line with sales performance
- Manage the sales and technical sales recruiting process in partnership with Recruiting, Finance, Sales Operations, Technical Support, Professional Services and Human Resources as a first point of contact for the EMEA Region.
- Own the coordination and facilitation of the on-boarding process, creating a program that brings new employees up to speed and producing quickly and effectively
- Lead and grow an experienced sales team across a diverse regional platform.
The Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be first and foremost, a leader. They will have a successful and progressively responsible track record of leading and managing regional and/or global sales organizations within technology companies. The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading sales leaders and individual contributors; developing teams and business to new levels. Responsibility for delivering at least $200 Million USD in annual revenue with demonstrated year-over-year growth trends
- Inspirational and passionate people leader with the ability to draw on personal experience and get directly involved in the process/cycle to support and manage the team, in closing complex sales
- Proven success with a non-standard selling model (i.e., monetizing cloud, expanded selling channels, multi-product solutions strategy, etc.)
- Successful sales and quota attainment track record, based on technology solutions with a sales cycle of 6 to 9 months and “big ticket” deal values ($1M USD +) to multi-national customers.
- Experience directing, managing, and growing an organization of over 75 people in a scalable fashion for a multi-faceted sales organization while consistently increasing revenues.
- Expertise setting pricing and programs with strong negotiating skills within these business environments
- Process orientation with strong experience drafting and communicating sales plans that effectively drive business and motivate sales teams, coupled with expertise effectively leading and developing sales operations functions
- Technical aptitude and strong understanding of products and competitive landscape
- The candidate should have developed management experience in a leadership role with a large, global or multi-regional sales organization;
- Willingness to travel and work across different time zones;
- Superior management skills and the ability to motivate, develop, and inspire the team while creating a highly empowered organization;
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style, one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing his/her functional responsibility, and someone who seeks to develop complementary senior managers with similar capabilities;
- A compelling leadership style that includes exceptional people management skills, program management, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires confidence in Riverbed and its products;
- Strong business instincts and the capacity to interpret and quickly react to industry and commercial trends; and,
- Superior leadership, management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including hiring, managing, and motivating a high caliber team;
- Experience integrating acquired companies' teams. The ideal candidate will have the personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to understand and successfully navigate within a fast-growing global company striving toward market domination in an evolving technology marketplace.
Education and work history
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with large, distributed sales teams that include virtual and remote team members
- Evidence of progressive success in a high growth sales environment.