Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, enables organizations to maximize digital performance across every aspect of their business, allowing customers to rethink possible. Riverbed’s unified and integrated Digital Performance Platform, brings together a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking and Cloud Edge solutions that provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. At more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at www.riverbed.com
With over 2,000 employees globally, Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with some of the smartest, most passionate, and nicest people in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. Each of us is committed to delivering the strategies, architectures and technologies that our partners and customers need to control, optimize and have visibility into their networks and applications.
Riverbed has an exciting opportunity to join its global legal team as senior corporate counsel, based in San Francisco, CA.
- providing day-to-day legal support for management level sales and channel personnel as well as business focused counseling and advice, helping to drive to completion strategic go to market initiatives;
- providing legal advice and support and responding promptly to teams from engineering, product management, professional services, marketing, partnership alliances, channel and sales teams in the Americas and other business groups;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial sales and licensing agreements with some of our largest channel partners, including systems integrator, service provider, reseller, distributor, OEM and alliance partner agreements, as well as nondisclosure, evaluation, and software license agreements;
- assisting in structuring new sales and channel go to market models;
- providing legal advice and counsel on a variety of legal topics, including competition, pricing, complex licensing, open source, and promotions; and
- advising on federal, state and local government transactions and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- law degree from top-tier law school and admission to a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years of related experience as in-house counsel at a technology company and/or law firm, focusing on licensing and technology transactions
- self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment
- team player with a strong desire to provide business focused legal support in connection with technology sales and licensing
- strong substantive knowledge in the areas of software and technology licensing and intellectual property
- experience providing legal support for complex transactions
- experience regarding
- clear and concise written and oral communication skills
The successful candidate will also have:
- strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills needed to successfully complete complex IT transactions involving hardware and software;
- strong analytical capabilities and excellent judgment in solving complex problems with practical business solutions;
- a great positive attitude;
- the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
- the ability to pivot and adapt quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented;
- curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise; and
- experience with GDPR and other privacy initiatives
- experience negotiating IT industry channel partner agreements and familiarity with channel sales models in the IT industry
- experience with negotiating transactions with Fortune 500 customers and global partners
- experience with revenue recognition issues in software licensing and product sales agreements is a plus
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.