With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
Title: Director, Partner Business Development
Location: USA Open
Responsible for direct engagement with new and existing partners who have businesses around Workplace Services Providers/Outsourcers and other types of managed services, specific to the Digital Experience Management (DEM) software based offering. Partner lifecycle responsibilities from identifying the targets to recruiting, closing, contracting and the co-development of a business plan, service creation and facilitating early demand and lighthouse account acquisition.
Acting as the SME for these new types of partners, work closely with the corporate programs team to guide the development of programs intended to provide new partnerships with enablement, practice builders and incentives to sustain a mutually beneficial partnership between Riverbed and this unique RTM community.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will require cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to influence without authority to drive transformational change in the company. Work closely with the channel sales leadership in region, sales field teams in region, Customer Success team, global channels strategy team. As the SME, work with product management teams to drive business model and technical requirements and partner enablement teams to build and deliver tools to get these partners operational quickly and efficiently
• Signing up and onboarding targeted partners
• Developing ROI and business case specific to the partners business be it embedding or new service creation
• During ramp up, coordinating large deal strategies through and with sales teams Pipeline creating and management of opportunities during the partner during ramp up
• Work with the professional services teams to identify repeatable Managed Service offerings that provide compelling and strategic advantages to allow partners to win outsourcing opportunities, and conduct the services independently
• Orderly hand off of partners to the Channel Management and Partner Success teams beyond ramp up
• Understand the market opportunity, Riverbed strategy globally as it pertains to growing Riverbed’s business through Workplace Service Providers
• Working with SE counterpart, identify key enablement requirements
• Provide feedback to product business unit regarding features being requested by the customer and needed to provide compelling reason for partners to standardize on our DEM offering vs. competitors
• 50% travel in region required
• A software sales background with a proficiency with Application Performance Management (APM) and End User Experience software
o Familiarity with Network Performance Management (NPM) experience is a plus
• Bachelor's degree; (MBA a plus)
• 7-10 Years Experience in Channel Sales, Channel Programs, Alliance Manager, and Sales
• Proven track record of selling to, and partnering at the VP and C-Levels
• Ability to translate technology messaging to business value messaging
• Proficiency with Managed Service and “Born in the Cloud” partner business models
• Results driven and strategic mind
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines
• Team player, position is cross-functional and requires a high level of collaboration
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential
• Proactive and operates under minimal supervision
• Based in the US and lives near a major airport
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.