Title: Salesforce Administrator
Function: Global Support Infrastructure
Reports to: Director Global Support Operations
Location(s): Sunnyvale or San Francisco
Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, enables organizations to maximize digital performance across every aspect of their business, allowing customers to rethink possible. Riverbed’s unified and integrated Digital Performance Platform, brings together a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking and Cloud Edge solutions that provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. At more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at www.riverbed.com
With over 2,000 employees globally, Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with some of the smartest, most passionate, and nicest people in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. Each of us is committed to delivering the strategies, architectures and technologies that our partners and customers need to control, optimize and have visibility into their networks and applications.
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing innovation of our salesforce.com deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. The administrator will work closely with business leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes including: Technical Support Case and Queue management, Renewals Opportunity Management. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Serve as business system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with 250+ users in a mature and complex Salesforce environment
- Provide best practice guidance and design leadership regarding how best to implement business asks within the feature set of Salesforce for both the Technical Support organization and the Contract Renewals sales teams
- Improve case deflection and renewal rates by continually innovating and adapting Salesforce to meet evolving business requirements
Systems Enhancements and Deployment
- Advanced knowledge in triaging Salesforce issues in both Lightning and Classic
- Manage change control process and Salesforce steering committee, working within defined governance processes within the IT deployment processes
- Main point of contact for all application integrations with salesforce
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Liaise between users, development teams and IT
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction
- Provide line of sight to upcoming changes in the CRM
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Encourage adoption of new functionality by deploying training, documentation and knowledge. Communicate regularly with the user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes.
- Document processes, field maps, procedures, and workflows.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.