Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, enables organizations to maximize digital performance across every aspect of their business, allowing customers to rethink possible. Riverbed’s unified and integrated Digital Performance Platform, brings together a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking and Cloud Edge solutions that provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. At more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at www.riverbed.com
With over 2,000 employees globally, Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with some of the smartest, most passionate, and nicest people in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. Each of us is committed to delivering the strategies, architectures and technologies that our partners and customers need to control, optimize and have visibility into their networks and applications.
Riverbed is seeking an experienced Senior Event/Tradeshow Marketing Manager to support third-party events and tradeshows. As an integral part of the Corporate Events Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing Events, this go-getter will be responsible for planning and executing third-party events, primarily tradeshows and conferences, to increase awareness and drive leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Riverbed’s event and tradeshow strategy and objectives, spearheading initiatives to meet objectives based on lead generation, customer advocacy, and more
- Maintain pre- and post-show communication and event attendance
- Drive marketing influenced pipeline and generate MQL’s through onsite activations and support of the sales team
- Data driven -- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using SFDC, email marketing, project management and similar systems
- Build relationships with Riverbed customers and prospects on a one-to-one basis
- Negotiate and execute contracts for large- and small-scale events
- Responsible for ordering and tracking event inventory including collateral, giveaways, etc.
- Have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work with Campaigns, Business Units, Product and Solutions Marketing and other internal teams to define event goals, develop overall, high-level program, from pre, during to post event activities content, promotion strategy, manage budgets, and coordinate all logistics.
- Host ongoing meetings with these groups to ensure event plan comes to fruition
- Hold action owners accountable, adjusting deadlines as necessary to accommodate the unexpected
- Work with in-house Creative to ensure event display accurately represents the Riverbed brand
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement to ensure Riverbed procedure is followed when submitting purchase requisitions, opening purchase orders and ultimately submitting bills for payment
- Maintain relationship with Legal to ensure event, venue and vendor contracts are reviewed and executed in a timely manner
- With exposure to multiple teams, this is a highly-matrixed role and candidates need to be strategic thinkers and creative/out of the box thinkers.
- In addition, experienced candidates will be hands-on, highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, problem solving and have a bias for action
- Very strong budget and project management skills with analytical ability
- Demonstrated experience in working with product and lead generation teams, and using events as activity to support awareness, relationship building or lead generation.
- Proven success in executing multiple events and using both internal and external resources to accomplish this.
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Willing to travel to attend highly strategic events, or to sport-check vendor execution, and ensure processed are being adhered to onsite at tradeshows.
- Very strong written and verbal communication
- Strong familiarity with Marketing automation/CRM tools such as SFDC and Eloqua
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.